Friday, August 13, 2010

Jamboree Day 2 - Tuesday, July 27

Woke up at 5:30. Helped put the local team license plates on the gateway. Scrambled eggs for breakfast. Attended the Subcamp 17 flag raising ceremony. Took the long walk to visitor parking taking pictures and making a few stops along the way. Traded for a Star Trek JSP from the future birthplace of James T. Kirk (Iowa) along with their Hawkeye troop patch. Stopped at W.D. Boyce Council (my council when I was a scout) Troop 1036 and talked to their scoutmasters. They actually had a tent with them from my era and had a fabulous gateway. I later traded for one of their JSPs on my way back to camp. Decided on a meeting place for my visitors coming on Friday. Walked to Technology Quest eating lunch and taking some pictures on the way. Went through the Technology Quest exhibits. Saw a good science show and some impressive robots. Got a free t-shirt and memory card. Quickly visited Brownsea Island – a recreation of the first scout camp. Walked back to camp trading for a Blues Brothers JSP on the way. Handed out some patrol equipment. Taco dinner. Troop meeting. Shower. PLC at 10:00 and then to bed.

No comments: